Your Benefit Features
- Care.com Membership
- Adult & Child Backup Care
- Nannies and babysitters
- Older adult caregivers
- Personal assistance
- Pet sitters and groomers
- Special needs caregivers
- Errand runners
To get started with Care.com, follow these instructions:
- Go to https://proofpoint.care.com/.
- If you do not have a Care.com account, select ‘Register.’
- If you have an existing Care.com account, select ‘Log in.’ Care.com will merge your accounts in 10 business days.
- Enter your Proofpoint email address, name, address, and date of birth. Care.com will ask for your date of birth at registration to verify your identity for the safety of their caregivers.
- You will be prompted to create an account and enter a password of your choice.
- Follow the prompts to search for caregiver services.
To find backup care, visit proofpoint.care.com and follow the prompts. The Care.com team will work quickly to identify a caregiver or center that meets your specific needs. Once found, a dedicated Care Specialist will contact you directly to answer any questions you might have and confirm the booking.
In-Home Child Backup Care
Request a trusted backup care provider to come to your home to care for newborn to teenage children for work-related care needs – up to 90 days in advance. After you request care, a Care Specialist will identify a caregiver who best fits your needs.
In-Center Child Backup Care
Choose from the Care.com trusted network of centers near your home or workplace when requesting in-center backup care. In-center backup care can be booked up to 30 days in advance.
Personal Network Backup Care
Schedule care on your own with your preferred center or caregiver. You can submit a claim to get reimbursed. Your backup care must be work-related and cannot include your family’s regular care expenses.
Note: This service does not include in-center backup care.
When to Use Backup Care for Adults
- You or your spouse is recovering from surgery
- You need companion care for your adult child
- Mom and dad need a ride to doctors’ appointments
- You have a gap in your regular adult or senior care
- You need specialized support for Alzheimer’s and dementia
When to Use Backup Care for Children
- School is closed
- Your babysitter or nanny is sick or on vacation
- Daycare is closed
- You have to work late, on a weekend, or have business travel
EMPLOYEES WHO USE THE CARE.COM SERVICE ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ENGAGEMENT WITH CARE.COM’S SERVICES IS AT THE SOLE RISK AND DISCRETION OF THE EMPLOYEE. EMPLOYEES SHALL NOT HOLD PROOFPOINT LIABLE FOR ANY GUIDANCE PROVIDED BY CARE.COM OR ITS EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS.