Caring for Others
Free premium access to Care.com makes it easy to find caregivers for your home, pets, and family. Search a database of caregivers for a variety of family care needs including care for an older adult, child, or pet, as well as house cleaning and tutoring services.
You can manage every step of the care hiring process through Care.com:
- Post jobs detailing what your family needs
- Set up interviews and access background check options
- Hire and pay through the scheduling system
Note: All regular full-time US employees who are eligible to receive Proofpoint benefits have access to the Care.com benefit.
Your Benefit Features
- Care.com Membership
- Adult, Child, and Pet Backup Care
- Nannies and babysitters
- Older adult caregivers
- Personal assistance
- Pet sitters and groomers
- Special needs caregivers
- Errand runners
To get started with Care.com, follow these instructions:
- Go to https://proofpoint.care.com/.
- If you do not have a Care.com account, select ‘Register.’
- If you have an existing Care.com account, select ‘Log in.’ Care.com will merge your accounts in 10 business days.
- Enter your Proofpoint email address, name, address, and date of birth. Care.com will ask for your date of birth at registration to verify your identity for the safety of their caregivers.
- You will be prompted to create an account and enter a password of your choice.
- Follow the prompts to search for caregiver services.
When to Use Backup Care
When to Use Backup Care for Children
- School or daycare is closed
- Your babysitter or nanny is sick or on vacation
- You are working from home and need someone to watch the children
- You have to work late, work on a weekend, or have business travel and need someone to care for your children
When to Use Backup Care for Adults
- Care for an older family member when regular care isn’t available
- You need companion care for an older family member
- You need companion care for your adult child
- Your older family member needs a ride to doctors’ appointments
- You need specialized support for a family member with Alzheimer’s or dementia
- You have to work late, work on a weekend, or have business travel and need someone to care for your adult family member
When to Use Backup Care for Pets
- You are working from home and need care for your sick pets
- Your regular pet caregiver is sick or on vacation and you need support (i.e., walking, boarding, day care or drop-in care)
- You have to work late, work on a weekend, or have business travel and need someone to care for your pet
When to Use Backup Care for Yourself
- You or your spouse / partner / cohabitant is recovering from surgery, and you need extra support
Log into your account and click “Help Center” at the bottom of the page. From there you can read Frequently Asked Questions, submit a case for email response, or live chat with customer support.
EMPLOYEES WHO USE THE CARE.COM SERVICE ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ENGAGEMENT WITH CARE.COM’S SERVICES IS AT THE SOLE RISK AND DISCRETION OF THE EMPLOYEE. EMPLOYEES SHALL NOT HOLD PROOFPOINT LIABLE FOR ANY GUIDANCE PROVIDED BY CARE.COM OR ITS EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS.