Resources for Cigna Medical Plan Members
Virtual Behavioral Health Care through MDLive
In addition to standard telehealth, MDLive offers Cigna members a variety of behavioral health services, with options for counselor or psychiatrist consultations at your home, their offices, or on the go (phone or video appointment). MDLive providers can diagnose, treat and prescribe most medications for non-emergency conditions such as:
- Bipolar disorders
- Men’s issues/Women’s issues
- and many more
Cigna Mental and Behavioral Health Resources
Cigna provides a collection of educational resources, tools, and self-help articles covering a wide range of topics in the area of mental and behavioral health.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- and many more
Ginger Virtual Behavioral Health Coaching and Mental Health Services
Cigna members have access to Ginger, a virtual, on-demand behavioral health coaching and peer support program. Behavioral health coaches, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists are available for plan members. These services are available as an in-network mental healthcare benefit.
Ginger offers members:
- For Coaching: You pay the same cost share as you would for an office visit, but only once per 30 days. For example, if you have already met your deductible, you’d pay the in-network office visit amount listed in your plan benefit summary. This rate includes unlimited access to a coach, Ginger classes, and content via the app.
- For Therapy and Psychiatry: These visits are billed based on the services rendered, just as if you were seeing a therapist in an office setting. Your cost share is the same as an in-network office visit listed in your medical plan benefit summary.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy-based program offering guided programs and tools for a range of mental health needs and challenges:
- Managing depression
- Controlling anxiety
- Reducing stress
- Practicing mindfulness & meditation
- Improving sleep
- Balancing intense emotions
- Managing chronic pain
Through Kaiser, you have access to Calm, the #1 app for meditation and sleep designed to help lower stress, reduce anxiety, and more. You can access all the great features of Calm at no cost, including:
- Calm meditation, mental resilience, and sleep
- The Daily Calm, exploring a fresh mindful theme each day
- More than 100 guided meditations
- Sleep Stories to soothe you into deeper and better sleep
- Video lessons on mindful movement and gentle stretching